Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How to avoid paying credit card RM50 service charge and yearly fee

I tried to cancel my credit card the other day. In fact I've been meaning to cancel that card since last year but I kept forgetting.

I have never used the card but last year I got slapped with the RM50 credit card government service charge even though I didn't use the card. I was pissed when I have to pay that RM50, but somehow I forgot again to cancel that card.

So a few days ago I called the credit card company to cancel the card since I don't intend to pay that RM50 again. After all I don't even use that card, so what's the use of keeping it?

But then, the credit card company rep has managed to persuade me not to cancel because they promised that they will absorb the RM50 service charge and the annual fee. In fact she told me if I want to cancel the card, it's better to do it next year before the expiry date of the card.

Oh well, I guess I'll be keeping this card for a while then.

So I guess the moral of the story is if you want to avoid paying your credit card service charge and annual fee, just call your credit card company and threaten to cancel your card.

Maybe...just maybe the credit card company will waive that fees. Kalau boleh waive bayar hutang kredit kad tu sekali lagi best! Memang forever aku stay dengan credit card tu.
Muahaha.


0 superstars:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey