Thursday, July 9, 2009

Membaca sajak adalah di antara hobi kegemaran

Sorry hari ni entry boring sikit sebab nak cerita pasal poems. Saya memang ada sedikit fetish dengan poems sebab saya sangat suka gabungan ayat-ayat hebat yang sangat bermakna dan menusuk jiwa. Sekarang ni pun bila bosan-bosan saya bacakanlah Husayn Zharief poem apa2 yang ada sambil dia hisap susu. Letih juga membaca ni sebenarnya sambil susukan anak sebab saya agak malas nak pegang buku. Haha. Tapi mengikut kajian elok bacakan buku ke apa2la untuk budak2 ni sebab time ni la otak dia senang terima kan. Yang best sekali kadang-kadang buku tu terjatuh sendiri dari tangan saya sebab saya tertidur, tapi Husayn tak tidur pun lagi. Isk

Kalau poem pasal kematian, Dirge Without Music dari Edna St Vincent Millay adalah poem favourite saya:

Dirge Without Music
I am not resigned to the shutting away of loving hearts in the hard ground.
So it is, and so it will be, for so it has been, time out of mind:
Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely. Crowned
With lilies and with laurel they go; but I am not resigned.

Lovers and thinkers, into the earth with you.
Be one with the dull, the indiscriminate dust.
A fragment of what you felt, of what you knew,
A formula, a phrase remains — but the best is lost.

The answers quick and keen, the honest look, the laughter, the love,
They are gone. They have gone to feed the roses. Elegant and curled
Is the blossom. Fragrant is the blossom. I know. But I do not approve.
More precious was the light in your eyes than all the roses in the world.

Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave
Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind;
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave.
I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.

Poem ni macam dari orang yang mati tu punya point of view. Disebabkan Michael Jackson pon sudah tiada, saya rasa ni macam sesuai untuk dia. Eh ada sesiapa tengok memorial Michael Jackson tu tak? Sedihnya tengok Paris Jackson tu. Saya memang agak sentimental sikit, sorry ya. Hehe. OK, kalau poem cinta pulak How Do I Love Thee dari Elizabeth Barrett Browning adalah sangat disukai!

How Do I Love Thee
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

Ayat kegemaran adalah "I love thee with a love I seemed to lose". Macam kononnyala orang yang tulis ni pernah dikecewakan, so dia rasa cinta tu dah makin hilang dari dia, tapi cinta baru ni membuatkan dia merefresh balik cinta yang dah nak hilang tu. Haha, gila ayat saya ni. Paham ke? Eh saya juga terjumpa poem yang agak lawak pasal boobies (haha..malu nak translate melayu sebab rasa macam obvious sangat.haha) dan cubalah baca. Selain lawak, saya rasa poem ini juga ada tauladan. Hehe. Silalah ya.

Boobs by Arcadia Flynn
Oh I wish I had boobs that would wobble
Mine just stay still in one place
In the breast hall of fame
You won't see my name
For my boobs there would be a disgrace

Sure boobs of my size have their merit
They're easy to fit with a bra
And when I go for a dip
You won't see one slip…out
They stay put…just where they are

And I'm not one to seek much attention
So you won't find me strutting about
In a boob tube that's trying
by gravity defying
to leave no room, not even for doubt

But I sure envy big breasted women
I've seen them at parties you know
With all confidence thrust
In their mighty big bust
Entrancing the men as they go

Though I've heard from a big bosomed buddy
That it's not all it's cracked up to be
She says in frustration
"Try to hold conversation
When there's only two things a guy sees"

Now if I paid a few grand to enlarge them
To, say thirty-six b or c
Would they still look so natural
And could I class them as collateral
Sorta like home improvements on me

Now I've not taken this boob thing just lightly
I've done quite a bit of research
As I try to keep abreast
In my mammary quest
I've found there's a bit to be learned

There's questions that need to be answered
Like cleavage, how wide and how deep
I can have nipples bigger
But somehow I figured
That could poke Sweetie's eye in his sleep

Oh, I wish I had boobs that were awesome
I'd buy a bright red bathing suit
On the beach I would run
In slow motion for fun
To show off my best attribute

Now don't think I'd just get them for vanity
There's much I'd aspire to do
I could feed many babies
When I was lactating
And for convenience, I could offer drive-thru

In a t-shirt I'd test air conditioning
They could 'see' if they had it too low
And if I stood outside
My breasts pumped up with pride
Police'd use me to stop traffic flow

Well you can see I've a lot to consider
For the big plunge, I need some more time
So I'll keep you updated
But for now they're just fated
To stay as they are for a while

And there's my sweetie who totally accepts me
For he loves each and every little…bit
He says "stay as you are
You're the most beautiful by far"
As he gazes into my eyes…not my tits

Haa..betul tak saya kata ada pengajaran? Kesimpulannya mesti bersyukur dengan apa yang ada sebab Pamela Anderson punya yang anti graviti tu pon tipu je. Hehe. Ok lah, berakhirlah pelajaran English Literature kita hari ini. Jumpa lagi!

p/s1: Siapa ada beli suratkhabar The Star hari Khamis 2 Julai? Macam mana nak redeem tiket Man U ni sebab tak jumpa2 surat khabar tu. Siapa ada tolonglah kasi ya nanti saya belanja aiskrim. Betul ni. Sebab dah pening nak mencari. Hehe. Ok terima kasih!

p/s2: Interview dengan Pixart dah keluar kat blog Pixart. Kalau nak tengok silalah ke link ini ya

p/s3: saya baru dapat tau bos telah menominate saya untuk pergi conference ke Singapore tapi saya tolak sebab saya nak pergi Langkawi time tu. Haha. Logik tak penolakan saya? Isk sekarang kan tgh H1N1..takut nak gi oversea. Haha, bole alasan macam ni?








3 superstars:

Hanz said...

Baca buku klasik pun sudah pening lagi mau baca poem..mau pengsan I!LOL!Hui jiwang jugak you... :P

nURmALa mAZLan said...

x reti kita poems ni kak
jgn kata in english
in malay pon, kita kurang nak faham kekadang

supermummy said...

Hanz
hahaha..kan dah kata..berjiwa sentimental sampai dah nak naik mental dah ni..ahah

nurmala
kehkeh..takper..tapi best tau!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey