Friday, May 8, 2009

The one year anniversary gone unnoticed and I just realised it


I totally have forgotten this blog one year anniversary. My first post was on May last year and a month after that post I was away for induction course for two weeks. I honestly cannot imagine going this far since I am very well known for my half hearted effort. You know the one with all those semangat berapi from the start but halfway through I either get too busy or to lazy. Usually the later lah! But then I have managed so far from this blog, though I do admit there were days when blogger's block hit and I go nuts over what to write.

I remember starting my blog step by step. The hardest part was making my post interesting enough so people will actually bother to read it and then return again for the following day for my next post. I registered for social bookmark such as MyBloglog, read some pointers from Problogger and any other help or tips that I can find, leave comments at other people blogs and exchange links. I won't lie to you and say that I blog for pure fun only, because I also do blog for money. So Adsense, Nuffnang and some other pay per post type thingy is certainly a must!

iklan gambar tiada kaitan: Husayn bermata bulat ini sememangnya adalah sumber inspirasi blog ini!

Oh yes, and then there's the contest. My first contest was the tudung contest. I read everywhere that contest is a good way to attract readers. And my goodness, they really do! After the tudung contest there's the Gin & Jacqie contest, Alicewonders.com contest, the currently running top commenter contest, and not forgetting the Supermummy Amazing Blogger Award. The sponsors have been wonderful though I still think most Malaysian companies are quite 'stingy' when it comes to sponsoring bloggers for contest. I also think the current Malaysian mommy bloggers community are quite laden with contest so you have so many options which contest to enter. Anyway I'm thinking of laying low in organising contest after the Supermummy Amazing Blogger Award. Going to concentrate on improvising this blog's contents instead.

The media also has been so kind to Malaysian Supermummy. The first coverage on this blog was in The Malay Mail, followed by New Straits Times (though there's no mention about this blog in the write up since it's about Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out) and the most recent was again in New Straits Times the Tech&U Section.

Thanks to this blog, I have also won RM50 and then a 3 day 2 night stay at Langkawi-both courtesy of Lil Caliph; won MPH RM100 voucher at Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out, chosen as one of Malaysian Dreamgirl 2's official contributors - though I think I only managed to do 2 posts since I have to withdraw for some work reason.

All in all I would like to thank all of you who have been visiting everyday though on some day I do write like crap and still all of you keep supporting and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart. If I am Willy Wonka from that book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory I will present you with chocolate and candies for you guys have been nothing but total sweetness!

Hopefully the 2nd year will be extra better with super hot topping!



17 superstars:

Zuhaini said...

happy anniversary!!! :)

www.my-alia.com

Senotip Synte said...

happy 1st anniversary!
keep up the good work!

niza said...

happy 1st anniversary!!!

Farah said...

waah sudah setahun....happy anniversarry

fathinz said...

eppi anniversary supermummy..!!

yatie chomeyl said...

ur blog inspired me to do more and more things on my blog. ;) hepi annivessary

supermummy said...

thank you thank you for all the wishes!

Jade said...

intan, happy anniversary.. hope more n more contest in future [yg biasenye i jd penyokong saje sbb x reti nk join]..hhehe...

hehe.. nice knowing you dear..

HIDUP BLOGGING :P

l i e y n said...

happy 1st anniversary!!!
another better year yet to come!!

Mama Mia said...

Happy first anniversary! :)

Pink Stilettos said...

happy 1st anniversary, supermummy blog! :)

precious innocent said...

hehe... kalau u kata blog u nie 'crap', blog i mcm mana la pulak ye...

anyway, happy annivesary!!!!

-mama emma-

Zanna_MamaBatrice said...

happy anniversary intan
wah..kejap jer dah setahun kan...zana sambut anniversary blog bulan 7 nanti....ha ha ha

Zanna_MamaBatrice said...

btw........happy mother day

Liyana said...

happy annivesary makcik...

Zanna_MamaBatrice said...

so many info here

Red Mummy said...

aaaa

u won the madagascar tickets too
via nuffnang remember?

i chose u as one of the winners

but u w/drew it

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey