Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Procrastination has cost me my flight ticket!

Remember the consolation prize from The Lil Caliph's contest? The prize only covered the accomodation only, so I have to search (and pay of course!) for flight on my own. So yesterday was spent comparing fares between Fireflyz, Malaysia Airlines and Air Asia. I plan to travel around my birthday which is in early August so I was hoping to get reasonable (if not dirt cheap of course!) priced tickets since August is so far away.

Please bear in mind I did this around midnight yesterday. So thinking that my house is not that far from the Subang airport, I tried the Fireflyz first. But take a look at the price below:
RM809.70 for 3 person? That was totally outrageous since Fireflyz is supposed to be low budget and all that. And the travel period is so far away, they did not even have any discounts for that. Affordable? I don't think so..

Then came Air Asia. They have this RM1 promo starting on 1 August so I was hoping to score some good bargain there. And this is what came out:


I did get the RM1 price for the outbound flight to Langkawi, but then the flight is at 6.50pm so I guess it's quite late. The total price is RM288 for 3 person so I guess it is quite okay though not as cheap as I hope. I did check the price if the return flight is priced at RM1 each, the total cost including tax would be RM186. But then the timing is so not appealing. I mean why would I want to go back from Langkawi at 10pm? What on earth are we going to do after we check out?

And then came the surprise of 'em all that nearly knocked me out of my seat.

The above is of course from Malaysia Airlines. And they are charging RM246 for 3 person, and that is really the total price. I thought the system was wrong or something, but then it was really true! And the worst thing about that was I was so tired last night that I thought of booking the tickets this morning, but then look what happen:
Price has gone up to RM519! Tensennya saya! Itulah pengalaman yang amat menyedihkan. Urgh!

ps: today is the last day for The Supermummy Amazing Blogger Award nomination. Thank you to all who has nominated. The support has been amazing I nearly cried in tears. Well, literally. haha. By the way if you still have not nominated, place your nomination today!


12 superstars:

Zuhaini said...

oh.. fireflyz saya x pernah try lagi.

Tapi among Air ASia dan MAS, surely Air Asia lagi murah! :) and sekarang ni dah boleh pilih seat, kan..?

dulu kena bayar extra untuk express lane.. :( tp best pasal kita di dahulukan time nak board the flight..

so, in the end, beli yang mana..?

supermummy said...

zu
haa..tapi masalahnya malam tadi mas tu lagi murah..kehkeh..tu rogi betul tu..dan timing dia pon ok..ending nya tak beli lagi pon..tunggu malam ni pulak kot2 ada perubahan harga..kehkeh

pizli_mw said...

inilah masa utk kau menguji persona ke langkawi hehehe.. drive terus ke sana..

Mummy Dasy said...

me pun ngah survey rege tiket ke Langkawi.. tp pesal xpenah jumpe MAS lg murah nape ah mlm td x survey rugi²...

Dee said...

intan..lenkali book cepat2 tau..harga dia mmg akan berubah sentiasa..mcm dee nak gi kk n labuan bulan 7 nti..tahun lepas lagi dee dh book..MASlah...lagi murah dari AirAsia masa tu...kehkehkeh..selamat mencuba!!

atty's said...

intan..cuba sampai u berjaya

nURmALa mAZLan said...

firefly x banyak flight pada masa2 tertentu

precious innocent said...

intan, kalau once u try tu, harga dah murah, trus book.. sbb mmg susah nak dpt harga yg murah dr memula tu.. mak emma dah kene...

nak pesan ape kat u ek? :P

-mama emma-

Bonnie said...

Ha, the price of tickets always like that, change like evry minute. So once you saw cheap fair, better hurry, or else, menyesal!

So which flight did u get??

Liyana said...

samala kes mcm aku...ari isnin tgk rege lain,arini dah naik dkt 200 totalnya...tapi aku nye reason bukanlah dok procrastinante...tp hubby yg procrastinate,hehehehe...dia yg tak confirm date nakpi KK...

Zanna_MamaBatrice said...

yelah sis
once dah jumpa harga yg murah kena terus booked...kalu x mmg menyesal
and
nak kena tempah awal
cam kami....bulan 1 next year nak ke KK
bulan 1 lepas lagi kami dah booked ticket ke sana....Air Asia ler tapi...he he he

l i e y n said...

actually apa2 pun kena plan betul2...
kalau tgk harga dah okay, terus je book!!!
bukan ke skrg MAS tgh buat promo besar2an...
rasa mcm murah...

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey