Tomorrow is Mohammed Husayn Zharief's 2nd birthday! Oh how time flies. No fancy party which I was quite disappointed since I have imagined inviting all my friends to come over but my hope was dashed due to some reason. But then we will have really small celebration tomorrow so I hope that everything will turn out fine. Anyway here's 10 cold hard facts about Husayn's birth
1. I was due to give birth on 4 April 2007, but ended up giving birth on the 11th.
2. I took MC starting from my due date because I was too big and too lazy to go to work.
3. I love the fact that my contraction started at 4am when I was watching a Champions' League match between Manchester United and AS Roma and Man U actually won the match 7-1. It was quite painful as the blood kept coming out, but that still could not contain my excitement watching Man U won the match! Fyi, been supporting the Red Devils since I was 13. Hoho.
4. I went to the hospital at 9am. My hospital was Kelana Jaya Medical Centre which is very near my house.
5. The doctor was having a hard time trying to make me spread my legs. I hate when she has to do that vagina examination! Urgh!
6. And the nurse was really frustrated at me and muttered at me "Intan, bukakla kaki..macam mana awak nak bersalin ni?"
7. I was 5cm dilated when the doctor managed to check me. I screamed for epidural. Gosh, how did people managed to bersalin half a dozen with no problem at all?
8. I managed to spread my legs at last and I tried to push Husayn out as I nearly strangled my husband for holding him too tight. I tried and I tried..
9. But ended up on operation table anyway. I actually felt the scalpel when the doctor sliced open my stomach. So I asked to the doctor "tolonglah bagi saya pengsan terus!" The doctor said to me "eh nanti awak kena bayar banyak lagi ni.." And me nearly pengsan with the pain simply replied " takper.." Seriously, at the time I just want Husayn out of me safe and sound- but money-wise, I can always work and find more money. Haha.
10. Finally at 12.58pm I gave birth to Husayn Zharief. He was 3.6kg and 56cm long. And that was how my life changed forever!
ps: Did any of you catch the new HBO original series True Blood last night, which I think resemble Twilight due to its vampiristic theme. I was hooked! But I thought Edward Cullen still look a whole lot more better than Bill Compton (the vampire leading man in True Blood!) .Anyway, True Blood is truly sexaaay show!
ps2: Regarding the Supermummy Amazing Blogger Award, please bear in mind this is the NOMINATION ONLY stage. So you can nominate any mommy/daddy/parenting blog that you like. After April 15, all the nominees will be required to put the Supermummy Amazing Blogger Award banner which will link to this website. The voting counts will start after that banner is put up. Hope this will clarify things ya!