Friday, March 6, 2009

Sappy romantic movie quotes to cry your heart out

I love love romantic movies! I know it's kind of sappy and corny, but if I am so tired from work and want to relax there's nothing better than watching romantic movies. Watching romantic movies with Husband is something that I haven't been doing for a looong time. Haha. Sana busy sini busy, so end up I usually watched the movies at the confined of my own room with Husayn breastfeeding. But I guess that's ok with me, I mean if I cried while watching the movies, takdelah Husband will kutuk-kutuk. Haha. Anyway here's some of my romantic movies' favourite quotes just to awaken that romance in you! Kehkeh.

1. Twilight
Edward:
That’s what you dream about? Being a monster?
Bella:
I dream about being with you forever.

*Twilight is of course my favourite currently. It is a combination of Romeo and Juliet and seeing the fantasy of your dream man come true. I mean the story of a plain girl meeting an unworldly handsome boy? Who is also rich and have supernatural powers? Thank you Stephenie Meyers for the Twilight Saga!

2. Titanic

Jack Dawson: Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me… it brought me to you. And I’m thankful for that, Rose. I’m thankful. You must do me this honor. You must promise me that you’ll survive. That you won’t give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Rose, and never let go of that promise.
Rose DeWitt Bukater: I promise.
Jack Dawson: Never let go.
Rose DeWitt Bukater: I’ll never let go, Jack. I’ll never let go.

* I was 16 when Titanic came out and I remember watching it a few times at One Utama with my ex! Leonardo DiCaprio was the rage back then and watching the above scene usually left me drenched with tears. Why, oh why Jack Dawson must die! But I really get irritated when I hear the You Jump I jump line though. Haha.

3. 10 Things I hate About You
Kat: I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car, I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big, dumb combat boots and the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick — It even makes me rhyme.
I hate the way you’re always right. I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh — Even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it that you’re not around. And the fact that you don’t call.
But mostly I hate the way I don’t hate you — Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.

*This was the first movie that introduced me to Heath Ledger. I thought Julia Stiles was sometimes annoying, but I really love the above lines.

4. When Harry Met Sally

Harry: How about this way? I love that you get cold when it’s 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you’re looking at me like I’m nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it’s not because I’m lonely, and it’s not because it’s New Year’s Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

*Everytime the tv aired When Harry Met Sally, I made sure that I tuned in. The story of how man and woman can be platonic friends and Meg Ryan is so cute in this movie! Billy Crystal is really not your handsome-rich-kind of guy but his character is sarcastically funny. And the above line? Sure menangis teresak esak punya!

5. The Notebook
Noah: I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.
*Noah and Allie in The Notebook is spell binding. One of my most favourite romantic movies of all time!

6. Grey's Anatomy

MEREDITH: "Okay, here it is, your choice... it's simple, her or me, and I'm sure she is really great. But Derek, I love you, in a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me."

*I know Grey's Anatomy is a series, but what the heck. I once watched the whole Season 3 of Grey's Anatomy, with heart on the sleeves, crying every episodes, especially the part where Meredith nearly drowned. Mostly I cried because of McDreamy's sad eyes. By the way the above quote is from Season 4. And me here is waiting for the completion of Season 5 so can buy the whole DVD already-lah!

7. Meet Joe Black

"Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say, find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is, there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love, well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived."

*I watched this one because of Brad Pitt! Haha

8. The Wedding Singer

[Billy Idol (Speaking):] Good afternoon everyone.
We're flying at 26,000 feet, moving
up to thirty thousand feet, and then we've got clear skies
all the way to Las Vegas, and right now we're bringing you some in-flight
entertainment. One of our first-class passengers would like to sing you a song
inspired by one of our coach passengers, and since we let our first-class
passengers do pretty much whatever they want, here he is.

[Robbie Hart (Singing):]
I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you
Feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you


*One of my most favourite movie scene when Adam Sandler sang that song inside the flight! And one of the best comeback for Drew Barrymore who before that was slipping into oblivion

9. Ada Apa Dengan Cinta

Perempuan datang atas nama cinta
Bunda pergi karena cinta
Digenangi air racun jingga adalah wajahmu
Seperti bulan lelap tidur dihatimu
Yang berdinding kelam dan kedinginan
Ada apa dengannya
Meninggalkan hati untuk dicaci
Baru sekali ini aku melihat karya surga dalam mata seorang hawa
Ada apa dengan cinta
Tapi aku pasti akan kembali
Dalam satu purnama
Untuk mempertanyakan kembali cintanya
Bukan untuknya
Bukan untuk siapa
Tapi untukku
Karena aku ingin kamu
Itu saja

*is the only Indonesian movie that I really watched. And for a lot of times that I cannot really remember how many times. Suka ya sama Rangga dan Cinta!

Go watch those movies and cry your heart out. It will make you feel a whole lot better! At least it does work in my case! Kehkeh.

ps: Bilakah filim Melayu ingin membuat ayat yang meruntun jiwa? Saya masih menunggu..



10 superstars:

pizli_mw said...

:-)

Jade said...

haha..same wif me... kalau nanges pun duk cover2.. hahah... nnt jd bahan gelak my hubby..

anyway, i loooooooooveeeeee 10 things I hate about you. :P [where r u now, mr B?]

AQisH said...

currently, me also in romantic mood..tgk blk citer Winter Sonata ;-) byk² citer korea yg ni gak lah pilihan hati hehe..

for english movies..i like romantic+thriller hehe..

Franch said...

Thanks for this post haha. I love interesting and meaningful quotes from movies ^^

precious innocent said...

u googlekah utk semua quote tu??

-mama emma-

mama zharfan said...

for me, the greatest romance movie i ever watched is 'A walk to remember'...until now suka sgt tengok..i got dvd + it's available at youtube. everytime watching mesti nangis jugak.. ;)
kalau romantic comedy, i love to watch "50 first dates" - i watched it again and again.

Dee said...

wah..i looooovvvveeee watching grey's anatomy...mcdreamy eyes is killing me...

well, u r the fan of stephanie meyers kan? my fren bought all 4 books of hers from US last month...n suddenly I remembered u....cheap n hard cover lagik..

achee_b165 said...

terus pangkah titanic coz hubby kta dia penah tgk ngan ex-girl dia..(bleh gitu, pesalah filem itu? hehe)

Ada pe dgn cinta..suker2.. penah kena kaco ngn mat scoot, pangil2 "cinta, cinta kamu mau kemana?" huhuh...hanya kerana rambut kita ala2 sama?

~p-na mama oja~

supermummy said...

pizli
mengapakah tersengih? nak kata aku jiwang la tu..isk

jade
haha..comelkan 10 things i hate about you..

aqish
eh sebenarnya tak pernah tgk winter sonata..tapi dulu selalu layan meteor garden! suka sangat! tapi yg meteor garden yg first tu je la..lepas tu tak tgk dah..kehkeh

franch
ur most welcome!

emma
haah..google lah apa lagi..haha

mama zharfan
a walk to remember tu yg ada keanu reeves tu ke?

dee
itula..tgh tunggu season 5 ni..selalu baca episodes guide kat greys anatomy insider je..kehkeh..wah beli kat us mesti murah kan! lain kali kalau dia gi us nak pesan twilight dvd special edition pulak please! kehkeh

pna
hahaha..titanic tu mmg movie org gi dating..hahah..wah glemer gitu ala2 cinta!

MisSy F said...

sukaaa gile ngan ada apa dengan cinta!!!!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey