Monday, December 15, 2008

What I bought with my RM100 Nuffnang Friso voucher

Remember the RM100 MPH voucher that I won during the Nuffnang Friso thing?
Before I went back to Perak the other day, I managed to persuade Husband to go to MPH One Utama for book shopping. I just figured I will have lots of free times during my stay in Perak so I guess it would be nice to bring along some books. Yes, I am guilty of being a bookworm and I actually read while breastfeeding Husayn! Well at least it will keep me from dozing off like I usually did before.

Here are the books that I took super looooong time to choose that Husband kept giving me that impatient look. Like I mention before, I honestly wish it is a RM500 voucher instead of a RM100! Haha.

1. Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom (RM29.90)
I have heard so much about this great book and it revolves around a relationship between a professor and his student - don't get me wrong ya..not those kind of cintan cintun relationship, but more like sifu thing. I have been reading too much fictional story all this time, so I thought it would be nice to get this title for a change. Might teach me some of life's greatest lesson too! By the way I still haven't started reading this one yet.

2. Cecelia Ahern's 3 in 1 box set (RM64.90) containing these titles:
i) A Place Called Here - Cecelia Ahern
I have never bought or read any Cecelia Ahern's before though I have heard a lot about her other 2 books which are PS I Love You and Thanks for The Memories. And I actually finished the above book while I was in Perak! My first impression? I initially thought her story will focus on romance like Judith McNaught's or chic flick maybe ala Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series. But the above book is more on fantasy side and I honestly hate the ending! It is also full of flashbacks and sometimes not that eventful for my liking..haha..But nevermind, there are other 2 Cecelia Ahern's to be read on later and we'll see..And below is the other two titles in the box set that I still haven't started on yet.

ii) Where Rainbows End - Cecelia Ahern

iii) If You Could See Me Now - Cecelia Ahern too!


Three books for RM64.90? I thought it was a bargain! Hehe..

3. Petunjuk Jalan Kekayaan by Dr Rusly Abdullah (aka Chef Li)-RM29.00
Of course I want to be rich that's why I bought this book! Haha..But honestly it would be interesting to read Chef Li's ideas. And maybe get rich along the way? Hahah..I wish!

Thank you to Nuffnang and Friso for the voucher since I cannot remember when was the last time I spend money on books. If I buy books I'd rather go and buy at warehouse sales or Pay Less Books since it is so much cheaper. But I guess it is still a good bargain since I got a total of 5 books though I have too add another 20++ since I exceeded the voucher. Heheh..I've mentioned before that I meant to buy Rhonda Byrne's The Secret but after checking it out at MPH it retail price is at RM79.90! So bloody expensive for a book so little in size! But I just found out that MPHOnline.com is currently selling the same book at RM55.93. Cheaper than buying at the shop! So next time if you want to buy some books from MPH do check their online shop first since some books are cheaper online compared than the one at the shop. But if you want cheaper cheaper books, wait 'til MPH Warehouse Sales!

4 superstars:

ARIFFDA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ARIFFDA said...

intan..chef li my bos, zaman dolu2 la...hehehe

Aleeya said...

wahhh dah shopping eh...

Zanna_MamaBatrice said...

bila ler my nufnang nak capai rm100 yerk
lambat bebenor

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey