Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My office's IT people should get a smack on their head



Exhibit #1

The objective of this post is to vent my anger to my office's IT people. So here goes..

I don't know who directed it or who to blame to, but the move to ban Facebook and Blogspot in the office is totally pissing me off! Don't you know that is my source of escapism in this office and most of us in this office too? I first knew about it on Thursday, but I thought you will unblock it like you always did before. And then I waited and waited but I still could not accessed it until today. OK, maybe you equate Facebook like Friendster, but the move to block Blogspot was totally uncalled for. And you do know that most Malaysians like to have their blog on Blogspot and most of the blogs that I love to read and on my list, and even my own blog is on Blogspot. What have we the ordinary staff have done to you IT people? You said the line is jammed with people accessing this 'unnecessary' websites but I thought the internet line is still the same, even though you have blocked these websites. And while you're at it, why don't you also ban those free blogs provider such as Wordpress, Xanga and also Multiply. And since you already ban fotopages too, why don't you also block Flickstr too. Even better idea, I suggest you block internet totally! Sorry for being mad but oh well, never mind I guess I just have to resort to proxy sites to access Blogspot. And forget about my suggestion of blocking internet, because that will certainly make go crazier! By the way since you are blocking all this websites, at least have the decency to email all of us and inform the list of the sites that are being block.

I know you're not reading this IT people, but I really felt like throwing my 3kg-full-of-junk bag at each one of your heads.

And to all of you reading this, I still can update this blog daily because this IT people only block Blogspot and not Blogger.

By the way do submit your entry for the Gin & Jacqie bag contest! You have until the end of the week to complete the task!



10 superstars:

precious innocent said...

huhu. sangapnye xleh access blog...

ape kes la nak block2 nie kan?? baik xyah ada internet..

-mama emma-

pizli_mw said...

sabar... sabar.. kat rumah boleh lagikan?

TenthOfMarch said...

You can bypass their filter using websites like http://www.hidemyass.com.

That is, if they did not block those sites as well.

supermummy said...

emma
betol..mengadalah mcm ni..isk

pizli
aah boleh..tp sekarang streamyx pon bole tahan lembab jugak

tenthofmarch
thks for the proxy address..currently accessing via proxy too thru http://www.webriot.info..hehe

sery said...

ish diorg dengki la tu..sbo ek..

Nurmala said...

eee...
tak suka nyer cam ni
macam ofis lama kita dulu
mendengki jerk

Imah Ishak said...

Tu la supermummy, opis I pun tak leh facebook n fster. Bengapla diaorg ni!

.K.I.T.E. .P.U.N.Y.A. said...

.. SM

guess my turn coming soon ..
got email from internal, chking on which website all of us accessing every day ...
damn .. another problem for me ..

Nessa said...

Hai Super Mummy :)

Kesiannya kena block, maybe they all jeles kot... hehe

I'm glad I can access the net without restrictions at work. As long as we get our job done, it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for visiting, have a great Monday to you!

Zanna_MamaBatrice said...

tolong smack down my it officer too

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey