Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hari Raya hits and misses

It's my first day at office after Hari Raya and it really felt that the holiday passed by so quickly! I went back to my sister in law's home in Ipoh on Saturday night, September 27th, eh more like Sunday morning I think because we went off around12 something during the night. Arrived around 2 something in the morning and went straight to bed. We went back to husband's hometown in Taiping on Monday, September 29th. Unlike other people's house, the house in Taiping is rather quiet since there's nobody there. My husband's father passed away last year and his mother passed away even before we got married. His sister went back to her mother in law's house which is also in Taiping. Since Husband has only 2 other siblings, a sister and a little brother, it is totally opposite my side which consist of 6 siblings including moi! We then went off to my hometown in Batu Pahat on Tuesday, which is the day before Raya. But, we have to singgah at my parents' house in PJ because somehow Husband has forgotten to take his Baju Melayu for Hari Raya from the laundry!

I was so excited to celebrate Raya at my hometown but somehow Husayn was down with fever. ..again! And I suspected it is due to the long journey. And so, after giving him some medicine we went off to Batu Pahat around 10pm which is on the Malam Raya. This time my brother tagged along and he insisted on taking his car instead of ours because he said it was roomier. And so we agreed. But guess what, we were stuck at the Ayer Keroh R&R at 12 something because his car could not start! Husayn was crying because he felt unwell and started getting restless. And the Plus people only came around 1 something. Thankfully everything was fine and dandy in the end and we arrived safely around 2am.

Hari Raya was colourful and full of merry laugh despite Husayn's fever and lack of sleep that we had due to the car's problems. The best part of all is not only Husayn got duit raya, but Husayn's mummy and abah also got duit raya! Super Lovely! Anyway I'm too lazy to write today, so enjoy the pichas!

We actually don't have any proper Hari Raya photo this year because the tetamu came right during our acara salam-salam ,minta maaf ( which also include duit raya!)

Husayn and my father. Everytime I scolded him, he will seek 'help' from his Tok who of course will help to save him.Haha

At the time this photo was taken, Husayn who was held by his Tok kept jeling2 at us..Haha

Love the meja jepun setting! Before this the area was full with kerusi and all that, but since this area is going to be renovated soon, my grandmother has decided to turn this area like this. It is a whole lot roomier and Husayn love running from one end to one end of the house. Haha.

And lastly ucapan Hari Raya from Husband!

video

4 superstars:

Aleeya said...

selamat hari raya
canteknye kaler biru ni..menarik laaa

supermummy said...

selamat hari raya kepada aleeya juga! haha tapi tahun ni mcm ramai je pakai kaler biru..kehkeh

precious innocent said...

lembut je theme biru nie... yhn nie colour ape lak?

-mama emma-

Zanna_MamaBatrice said...

meriah tul hari raya di sana kan..
me also biru last year

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey