Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Irfan Khairi inspired Friday

Did you put aside a bunch of money for your child? I did, though the amount seem so little, I guess it is better than nothing. I put aside RM50 per month under his Tabung Haji account. Sometimes I feel guilty because Husayn is an only child and I am suppose to save more for him but I guess I have to clear all my pile of debts first then it will be more saving for him. And my target? Yes RM50 does looks pittance but I do have target, people! Haha. My target is RM1000 per year. If it is more than RM1000 then it is better! So how could I achieve my target if I only put aside RM50 per month you ask? I mean I will only have RM600 if I put that much into Husayn's account. Well you know the money that kids sometimes get when they visit their elderly? Yes, I am stashing away those too into his account and of course the duit raya! I really hope that I will achieve my target this year because then I will feel good about myself! Haha..

One thing that I regret of not doing is saving some cash for myself during my university years. Do you remember all those loans and scholarships money that you receive? I myself receive loan from Telekom. Telekom is cool because my loan is suppose to be RM59k something and I only need to pay back RM17k++. And even with that reduced amount, I am so reluctant to part away with RM300 every month to pay that loan! Back to those money in university years, I wish I've been more prudent and not shop away every time I receive those money, then I will be able to have my own car and not be too dependent on Husband who seems always late to send me and pick me up from office! Oh well, I guess you cannot change what you have done and all you have is today. So, after reading Irfan Khairi's website on money saving tips, I just feel so inspired! I mean he is a millionaire at 25 years old, and I am 27 years old who only save RM50 per month for my child! How sad is that! One of my favourite saving tips is this:

Apabila berbelanja, belanja hanya duit ringgit sahaja. Duit sen, jangan dibelanjakan… simpan dalam tabung! Kira menabung la…

Maksudnya, kalau beli majalah Rm6.50, bayar duit Rm10 merah… kedai pulangkan RM3 duit kertas and 50sen duit syiling…

50sen tu, by default, terus masukkan ke dalam tabung.

Kalau pada hari yang sama, nak beli gula-gula harga 20sen, jangan gunakan 50sen syiling yang dalam poket tu. Sebab 50sen tu dah kena masuk ke tabung! Jadi, gunakan RM1 duit kertas…

Baki duit syiling 80sen yang diterima, dimestikan masuk tabung bersama duit 50sen tu tadi :)

Dalam erti kata lain, guna duit kertas sahaja… apa sahaja duit syiling, anda simpan dalam tabung.

Kalau tak pernah try ni, cuba-cuba try… khas bagi mereka yang sering dalam keadaan kesempitan wang, cara ini akan menjimatkan berpuluh-puluh RM setiap bulan untuk dijadikan wang pelaburan ASB ;)


And so I guess it's time to save away for rainy day, and keep a tight budget for me!

8 superstars:

Zuhaini said...

oh.. gitu menabung ye.. :) tq for sharing the tips! (baru ku tau..)

tak pe la, biar sikit dari langsung x dak! :)

i simpan RM60 je untk alia. tp altogether ngan life insuran dia.. by right, bila combine, jumlah yg dilaburkan pun jd banyak.. :)

shafa said...

betul..biar skit dr takde...
mmg pn education plan for our kids is important....

eintanz said...

never thought of that idea. bagus jugak ye. maybe i'll try it. i think we all regret for not saving during our younger days. imagine how much would our saving be now if we were to save at least rm100/month? eee menyesalnya...

thanks for visiting supermummy, u have a nice day.

a NuTty StuDent said...

salam,

what a good tips nak savingkan..yupp, nowadays, we need to think the future of our children. Becos today is not the same in future. I believe more money is need for them such as education. RM50 this day worth for the next day.

Anyway, salam perkenalan

regards

ladyell said...

wah...bagus la tips ni...selama ni menabung mmg diut syiling ,tp kalu 50sen tu kecikkn lagi jd 20sen dgn membeli gula2...lps ni jgn ek..belanja duit kertas je...

okinokiyo said...

i mmg menabung the coins.cuma part nak bwk coins gi bank tu yg leceh sbb bisinggg.hehe tpi once duit tu dah masuk dlm bank..best rasanye sbb mcm xcaya duit tu is that much..and i think nothing wrong with rm50 per month..coz at least ada dr nothing..

supermummy said...

zu
eh zu amik insurans apa ye utk alia?

shafa
itula..sikit2 lama2 jadi bukit..hehe

eintanz
haha betol..kalau dari dolu-dolu dah start saving seriously mesti best..lambat sgt nak ada kesedaran financial ni..haha

a nutty student
yup..for one thing scost of living is rising! lebih baik beli emas sejongkong kot sbb harga emas makin naik! kehkeh

ladyell
haha tu la..tapi bagus jugak sbb kurus sikit purse takde duit syiling..haha

okinokiyo
oo tu la..sbb mcm tak sangka selalu kadang syiling tu sepah2 je..bila kumpul2 jadi banyak lak..hehe

precious innocent said...

sikit2 lama2 jadi bukit...

-mama emma-

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey