Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The comot one with Chocolate Oreo Muffins

Sunday was spent baking in the kitchen! Well nothing fancy, I made chocolate oreo muffins because my previous muffins did not have this cracking effect! Anyway I just love to experiment baking new recipe (when I have the mood, that's it) and since I sucks at baking cookies, my only choices are only muffins and cakes I guess. Hehe. I was baking peacefully in the kitchen, but look who suddenly woke up from his sleep and went straight into the kitchen!

I was so tired that I don't have the energy to make Husayn go out of the kitchen. And somehow he found a Kit Kat chocolate and ate it by himself. Look at the comot face!
That is basically the view of my mother's kitchen while I was baking. Husayn kept playing with the tudung saji and he used the spoon and then said to me "mak! cak!" which means mak, masak. Somehow Husayn love to pretend that he is cooking. He will take his little mangkuk and placed all his biscuits inside it and the crumbled it to pieces using his head. Then, he will take a spoon and pretend that he is cooking. Lastly he will bang the mangkuk using the spoon loudly and pour all the mangkuk's contents on the floor, which is my least favourite part - because I have to clean everything up afterwards! Haha.


This is my muffins, and look I've succesfully created the crack look! I was so happy! The thing is I was fasting, though as tempting it is to taste the muffins, I just smelled it.
If you are interested to try the muffin yourself, here's the recipe:

Chocolate Oreo Muffins

90 g butter (melted)
2½ cups (375 g) self raising flour
½ cup (50 g) cocoa powder
¾ cup (165 g) castor sugar
1 egg
1 1/3 cups (330 ml) milk
¾ cup (130 g) chopped white chocolate
½ cup (90 g) chopped milk chocolate
Oreo cookies coarsely chopped (optional)

Mix all wet & dry ingredients in a bowl until incorporated. Do not overmix.
Spoon batter into muffin cups & bake for 25 minutes in a hot oven (250 degree C).

I tasted it last night and it wasn't that sweet. So if I were to do it again I will add a little bit more sugar.

And guess who is at hand to try those muffins first? No other than Husayn of course. A while after tasting the muffins, he crumbled it all over the floor!

And look at that face!

And this one!

My advice: don't start baking when your husband is sleeping and when your kids are awake!

4 superstars:

achee_b165 said...

heheh... rajin nyer dia tolong mummy!! heh!!

nk mengemas tu yg loteh tuh!!

~mamaREDZHA~

precious innocent said...

husayn mcm ada potensi nak ganti chef wan nie...

he he

-mama emma-

supermummy said...

mama redzha
ha mmg..nak mengemas yang tak larat..tgk pon dah letih, lagikan mengemas..haha

mama emma
haha..terer masak mcm chef wan takpe..perangai cam chef wan tak mau la.haha

Zanna_MamaBatrice said...

sicomot yg comel
ha ha ha

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey