Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Puff puff your life away

The man and his smoke

I have a husband who smokes. Do you?

Well, actually I have been surrounded by friends who smoke since my uni days but to have a husband who smokes, well that's another thing for sure. So ok, I admit that to stop completely from smoking is quite impossible since he has been smoking since he was 17, but at least it would be nice if he do it bit by bit and smoke less. Ironically during fasting month, he can go without smokes during the day and he will not be complaining one bit, but come during the night he will puff like there is no tomorrow.

The thing is we have Husayn now, and I don't like the smell of his smokes around Husayn, or even around me! The good thing though is he only smoke outside the house. But still it would be nice to have a husband who does not smell of niccotine all the time. By the way I did ask him once, what if Husayn too will start smoking when he turns 17. His answer was he will not allow it. There ladies and gentleman, the weird and sometimes ironic life of a smoker. I mean for me it was ironic to not allow your child to smoke when the father is a smoker.

He used to smoke Marlboro but he smoke Sampoerna now because he's banning US products (bole ke alasan camni..haha)

Even our paed once lectured Husband on his smoking habit. And the paed even guess the right brand of cigarettes that Husband was smoking that make me instantly amazed at him. And Husband has the guts to answer that he is not that heavy smoker. Haha. Funny that. I guess you could really understand what I meant if you has a smoker as your husband. Won't blame my husband though, because my late grandfather used to secretly smoked in the bathroom to avoid nagging by my grandmother and he was 70++ when he did that.

So, if you has managed to successfully convince your husband to stop smoking do share with me. I desperately need it, really!

4 superstars:

Mommy Lily said...

my hubby is a smoker too,...

he promised me that he would quit smoking after we got married..but you know la..mana boleh...so, skrg dah ada baby, he didnt smoke in the house anymore. he will go outside to smoke

Monster Mom said...

Hubby once was a smoker..bak kata orang..smoker tegar!!! It went on till we got our 2nd child and then he promised that he'd quit if we get another one....
Amazingly, alhamdulillah, he quit on the day I delivered my 3rd, Atief. Since then, my house is free from smoker...

Yeehaa!!!!

p/s - I asked him how he did it and he told me that it's all in the mind... think positive and never give in to any persuasion by his friends.

precious innocent said...

ayah ryan is a heavy smoker.. same goes with ryan's tok daddy & atok..

jenuh la ryan, dikelilingi org2 yg merokok...

i dah malas nak nasihat ayah ryan... janji yg x dtepati.. ha ha..

dlm proses nak ajar ryan bckp, then perli ayah dia.. suruh stop smoking... boleh gitu??

-mama emma-

Liyana said...

eh cik intan....baru baca entry ko yg ini arini sbb dia kuar kat bawah artikel ko yg 2009 nye...anyway sbenarnya kan,aku bjaya buat husband aku brenti merokok...masa dah kawin mula2 made him to smoke outside the house...sblm kuar ank no 1,aku psiko la sket siap nangis2 kang walaupun anak ok bapak idup tak lama la apa la...hehehe...anyway bjaya tau...

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey