Thursday, August 14, 2008

Best Romantic Film Ever

Alhamdulillah, Husayn's fever has subsided and he is rapidly going back to his old self as usual, but the fever has been replaced by flu and cough though. I guess his fever always came with a package after all. Anyway I'm in a lovey-dovey mood, maybe because I've been watching too much Grey's Anatomy. I've never really watched the series on tv but my sister bought this Grey's Anatomy Season 3 DVD and now I am really hooked! I've been watching 2 or 3 episodes per nights this week! Enough about Grey's Anatomy, what I really want to write about is my most favourite romantic film. I could never choose one, in fact asides from what is listed here I might have other favourites that I have totally forgotten. So here is my list of favourite romantic
film(s) in no particular order:

1. The Notebook
This movie is based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks, a love story between Noah (Ryan Gosling) and Allie (Rachel McAdams), two people from different background, the girl is a rich debutante, while the boy is a mill worker. It was really a beautiful story of love found, love lost and then found again and on the verge of losing it again. Yes, it's a cliche' romantic movie but it is so beautiful that everytime I see this movie I will have tear in my eyes. Go see it today if you haven't and you will understand why.

2. Pretty Woman
The film that introduce Julia Roberts to the whole world. I'm sure most of you have watched this one. A modern sort of fairytale between a rich man and a prostitute. I guess the combination of a handsome rich guy, pretty girl and endless money make this movie a real hit not to mention the superb chemistry between Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. This is really the movie that make you feel like marrying the rich, handsome sensitive guy. Haha, don't we all?

3.Gone With The Wind

This is the classic that you should not missed! Yes it is quite long but this is an epic film, people! Scarlett O' Hara is lovely to watch as a spoiled and hard headed Southern girl who fell in love with the roguish Rhett Butler. This movie is certainly timeless and go to your nearby DVD shop to get the DVD if you still haven't watch it!


4. While You Were Sleeping

I love love this one because it slightly resembled my own love life! Haha. This movie starred Sandra Bullock as a ticket collector who was so in love with a man who is one of the commuter who passed by her everyday and of course he did not know that, but she ended up falling for the man's brother! Ok so how it relates to me? You see when I met Husband, I was really falling hard for this other person, without him knowing that, but I ended up with Husband! Back to the movie, it is a really super sweet movie with the ever klutzy Sandra Bullock as the lead and this is my favourite Sandra Bullock's movie besides from Speed. Snuggle yourself with your loved ones and watch this movie. You'll certainly fall in love with the movie yourself!

6 superstars:

Ted said...

those are my fav too..especially pretty woman, probably seen it 100 times!! :D

Jen said...

Totally agree with you about The Notebook. There are few films that compare to its greatness. The best part is that they were in love in real life.

LaDy D said...

My hubby and I really love watching The Notebook. Never failed to make me cry at the end of the movie.

Liza Yaakup said...

i cried a bucket watching the notebook. I'm sure I'll still cry if i watch it again. it is the best romantic ever

supermummy said...

ted
yes, we just never get bored pretty woman even if it's for hundreth of time!

jen
they are really lovers in real life? i didn't know that..but did you saw they kissed in mtv movie award a few years back when they won the best kiss awards..i drool over ryan gosling!

lady d
me too!

liza yaakup
the best romantic movie with the sweetest looking couple..hehe

precious innocent said...

i cuma dah penah tgk pretty women, so xleh nak komen byk..

-mama emma-

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey