Monday, June 2, 2008

Most delicious cupcakes I’ve ever tasted!



Cupcakes are so cute and cool, and in some cases so beautiful and precious that I just don’t have the heart to eat them! Maybe because cake is so huge and common that cupcakes have suddenly become a craze among us Malaysians since I’ve stumbled so many cupcakes-selling blogs recently. You have to admire these Malaysian cupcakes wizards since I realized that these Malaysian cupcakes look a whole lots better and creatively design than our Western counterpart.

My first encounter with cupcakes was when a friend who also has a cupcakes online shop, Ellie gave me samples of her cupcakes. And so cute and delicious it is that I ordered her cuppies for last year’s Hari Raya open house. On my son recent 1st birthday, I decided to be a rajin mummy for once and so I successfully did my first cupcakes! It’s not that pretty but I think it is the most delicious cupcakes I’ve ever tasted! Perasan or not, I’m just grateful that the cupcakes did not get burnt or anything since I was including that cuppies to be given to my son’s friends at the nursery.
So if you want to try the cupcakes recipe that I got from chockylit’s, here goes:

Devil's Food Chocolate Cake
makes 24 cupcakes / 350 degree oven

2 cups flour
2 cups castor sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Van Houten’s)
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1-1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
A pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1. Measure out everything but the eggs directly into your mixer bowl.
2. Mix on low speed just until incorporated.
3. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs, beat on high speed again for 2 minutes.

Measure out into cupcake pan lined with cupcake papers. A 2" ice cream scoop works great for this. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly in the pan then transfer to a rack to cool completely before frosting.

Chocolate Buttercream
enough to lightly frost 24 cupcakes

½ cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa
4 cups icing sugar
~1/4 cup milk

1. Beat butter on high for about 30 seconds until soft.
2. Add cocoa and 1 cup of sugar and beat until incorporated
3. Add half of the milk and the remainder of sugar and beat until incorporated.
4. Continue to add milk until you get to the consistency you want.

Since this cuppies are for kids I spread the coloured strands on top of the cuppies for colourful effects.

Enjoy!

1 superstars:

precious innocent said...

bila nak kasi i sikit nih??

-mama emma-

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey